↑ Return to PTA

PTA Meeting Minutes 22/10/18

Location:   School

Date:            22/10/18

Time:           3.30pm

Attendance:

J Barber, S Oliver, R Baker, K Oxford, T Ward, D Marshall, L George, K Lomas, H Murden,                      L Heathcote,  L Duffy,

Action/ Discussion Items:

  • Use of PTA Fund Raising Money:

 

Agreement made to save for playground equipment, TW has contacted various suppliers and found a company that we all agree would be suitable. Hoping to start project around Easter time. (TW to Action) Look into match funding which can only be received through a project by a charity.

  • Research Additional Fund Raising possibilities: (LH, LD, DM to action)

 

    1. Lottery funding
    2. Grants online
    3. Section 106 (Local Authorities)
    4. Building Companies
    5. Supermarket (Coins)
    6. Easy Fundraising.com
    7. Research special need funding possibilities (Children in need)
    8. Approach No Mow (supply grass) and other larger companies
  • Itzy Bitzy Sip & Shop evening including a raffle in March ( LH to action)

 

  1.  
  • Raising awareness through advertising:

 

    1. Contact Buxton Advertiser and High Peak Radio (LH, LD to action)
  • Parents Evening Meeting – A display will be put together showing the proposals and maned by PTA members to try to recruit new members and collect contributions. (LH,LD to action)

 

  • Christmas Fair:

 

  1. Father Christmas Person – (JB to action). Agreed that it should be operated with time slots
  2. Stalls – Put sign up in staff room requesting school stall ideas. (RB to action) Contact food companies to see if they would be interested in having a stall/van outside

Contact Stall holders to inform cost of stall is £10 plus raffle contribution. (LH & LD to action)

  • Advertising – Sign to be produced to be displayed on the Market place, Contact High peak Radio (LH & LD to action)

 

  1. Entry Charge – Introduce entry charge to possibly include refreshments.

 

  •    Notice Board:

 

  1.    It was agreed that we should look into getting a PTA noticeboard installed. This could show

          progress on the project including before pictures and proposals with a savings thermometer.

          (LH & LD to action)

 

Next Meeting Dates:    Friday 16th November 3.30pm